Last updated: 2020-04-14
North Shore Division of Family Practice Society (the “Division”, “we” or “us”) operates the divisionseconsent.ca website (the “Website”) and associated mobile applications that allow you to access the Division’s services (collectively the “Platform”). The Platform facilitates provision of consent for electronic communication between patients and their Medical Professionals (the “Service”). We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
COLLECTION OF GENERAL INFORMATION
- We automatically collect general information concerning the use of the Platform. This includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or device, the IP address of your internet service provider, information about your device (e.g. mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer), the web browser used to access the Website, the Internet address of the website from which you linked to the Website, the date and time of access to the Website, the operations undertaking during use of the Website, the sections of the Website that you visit, the parameters relating to particular pages of the Website visited and time spent on each page, location information and any content downloaded from the Website. We do not link this information with any personal information provided by you.
- The general information that is automatically collected is used to improve the Platform, for marketing, website and system administration and other administrative purposes. We may use the general information that is automatically collected to create aggregate reports concerning website use, user patterns, user demographics and user purchases. We will not sell, trade or disclose to third parties any of the user’s identifiable information derived from the registration for or use of the Platform, including user names, addresses and financial information, without consent of the user, except as required by law. When we use other agents, contractors or companies to perform services on our behalf, we will ensure that we protect your user identifiable information in a manner consistent with this policy.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect your Personal Information to provide you with the best possible service. “Personal Information” may include your name, age, home address, phone number, email address, information on your professional practice and accreditation. We may collect your Personal Information from any data you input into our Platform.
- We will only collect Personal Information in order to:
- verify identity;
- perform the Service;
- ensure you receive a high standard of service;
- further develop our services;
- meet regulatory requirements; or
- any other legal reasons as applied to your use of the Platform.
USE, DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT
- Except as specified below, we will obtain your express or implied consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information. You can provide consent orally, in writing, electronically, or through an authorized representative.
- You provide us with implied consent where our purpose for collecting, using or disclosing your Personal Information is necessary for the provision of the Service or would be considered obvious or reasonable in the circumstances.
We may collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your consent in the following
- when permitted or required by law;
- in an emergency that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security;
- when the Personal Information is available from a public source;
- when we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- with regard to information other than Medical Data, for the purposes of collecting a debt or protection from fraud; or
- other legally established reasons.
- We will not sell your Personal Information to other parties without your explicit or implied consent.
- We will only retain your Personal Information for the time necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
- We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information. To mitigate unauthorized access or disclosure, we have adopted appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online.
- While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, you acknowledge and agree that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We make no guarantee as to the absolute security of your Personal Information. In the unlikely event that our system is breached, and your Personal Information has been compromised, we will notify such local authorities as may be required within seventy two (72) hours of the breach, and will also use our best efforts to notify you, using the most current contact information that we have on file.
- We are not responsible for any failure to notify you based on incorrect or outdated contact information.
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
We want to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The Right to Access: You have the right to request copies of your Personal Information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The Right to Rectification: You have the right to request correction of any Personal Information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request completion of information you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: You have the right to request erasure your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request restriction of the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request transfer the Personal Information that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request listed above, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We want to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to perform Platform-related services on our behalf, or to assist us in analyzing our Platform’s use. Such third party companies may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- The Platform is not meant for use by children under the age of majority without parental consent or verification, we only intend to collect information that relates to minors as is provided by a parental guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your minor child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from minors without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.